Job Title: Business Analyst
Duties: This position is for Business Analyst in an application development group. Responsible for leading the requirements, design, development, implementation and support of software applications to support business initiatives for internal customers. Responsibilities include:
- Interview / work with client personnel to gather business process data and requirements. Document findings and decisions (i.e. meeting minutes)
- Perform requirements development, analysis, and create related documentation, including use cases, business process diagrams, use case realizations, data dictionary, user interface storyboards/prototypes, report mockups, data conversion specifications, etc.
- Translate requirements to the technical team and work with the development team on the development of implementation options to be then played back to the business.
- Serve as an interface between the business and the technical team members
- Review test cases, and test scripts that QA team creates, as well as perform high level testing to ensure functionality meets business requirements.
- Interface with the QA group and help them to prepare for their QA testing
- Ensure traceability from business requirements through application testing
- Work with offshore development and QA teams clarifying requirements.
- 5 - 7 years Information Services
- 4+ years as a Business Analyst responsible for production support of applications and application development projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with many levels of management, and interface between technical team and business owners
- Must be a self-starter with a sense of urgency, strong work ethic and results oriented team player
- Familiarity with technology, especially desktop and Microsoft Office applications. Be 'web-savvy', understanding basic web concepts and technology
- Solid experience with requirements gathering and business process analysis.
- Minimum 3 to 5years experience with working in an Agile project
- Prefer someone with real experience or high degree of familiarity with at least one of the current software development lifecycle methodologies such as RUP or Agile methodologies (XP, SCRUM, etc).