We are looking for local consultant.
Role: Data Science Architect
Duration: Contract, Long term
Job location: NYC
Data Science Architect to join its HR IT Data Management team. The team is responsible for managing a data warehouse which aggregates data from a number of cloud-based and on-premise systems and subsequently makes the data available for reporting and distribution. The specific role is for a hands-on Architect who will work closely with stakeholders to understand the overall business goals for Data Analytics, work with Data Scientists to understand the data requirements, and help design and implement our data analytics architecture.
• Work closely with the business to understand data and modeling requirements of varying levels of complexity
• Work closely with the IT team to design a Data Analysis and Visualization architecture and implement in conjunction with the infrastructure teams
• Design and implement framework for data ingestion, cleansing and processing of both structured and unstructured data
• Lead data architecture and data science discussions and influence product roadmap
• Research and evaluate new technology from the vendor and open-source community that may improve the capabilities of our data infrastructure.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
• 5+ years working as an Architect or Lead Developer in a Data Analytics team building and managing data processing frameworks. NOTE: we are not looking for just traditional Data Warehousing or ETL development experience.
• 4+ years working with Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Hive, Impala and Spark
• 5+ years working with structured and unstructured data
• 5+ years working with relational database and data warehousing design
• 5+ years working with Business Intelligence tools such as SAP Business Objects
• 3+ years working with a data visualization tools such as Tableau
• Good understanding of all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be highly motivated and a self-starter
• 3+ years working with IBM DB2 BLU
• 5+ years hands-on industry experience with statistical modeling
• 5+ years experience with R, Python, Matlab or similar toolkits
• 2+ years working in the financial industry
• 2+ years working with HR systems and/or data