Duration: Contract, long term
Job location: Summit, NJ
The Project Manager reports to the Global Project Leader. He/she is accountable, with the Project Leader, to support the Global Project Team to successfully execute the project strategy, drug development, and lifecycle plan.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manages project of high complexity and/or multiple projects with supervision from the project leader
• Support the Project Team to execute the project strategy, and is accountable to the project leader
• Responsible for developing and coordinating resource planning across functions to assure that adequate resources are being applied to the project
• Maintains high level timelines, and assures consistency and detailed timelines with input from the functional departments, and assures that the functional timelines are aligned with global project timelines
• Tracks the various parts of the timeline with the sub-teams and brings issues to the project leader attention, participating in resolution, updates timeline on an on-going basis to allow transparency to the organization
• Serves as member of sub-teams to assure that functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards
• Establish a close partnering relationship with the clinical study managers to follow up on execution of clinical programs
• Assist the project leader in assuring a high performance team spirit and high functioning team
• Coordinate compilation of global project scope documents and plans
• Maintain the “playbook, ” which includes all key project tools and documents
• Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required
• Responsible for the conduct and deliverables of Project Team meetings
• Identify project risks with input from the line functions, and support resolving project issues
• Ensure all decisions made at the Global Project Team meeting are assessed as to their impact - positive, negative or neutral on the current plan, budget and available resources
• Ensure that team recommendations related to project direction in need of endorsement by Decision Committees are planned for review by the Committees and updates on projects are planned with Decision Committees
• Partner with Project Management Operations to implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management
• Position could include significant participation in development of Project Management tools, templates, processes, working with Project Management Operations group
• Assure that the Celgene values are demonstrated in all aspects of the team work
• Responsibilities may vary based on project and stages of development (early, late, and lifecycle)
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 10 yrs Pharma experience / 5 yrs Project management experience or equivalent; MS/ MBA 7 yrs Pharma experience / 2 yrs project management experience or equivalent; PhD 5 yrs Pharma experience / 2 yrs project management experience or equivalent. Understanding of drug development project management. PMP certification desirable
• Excellent project management skills with previous experience in a project management function, including experience in planning activities
• Prior experience in project management experience in drug development
• Possesses a global understanding of the drug development process, (more or less extensive depending on level and scope of project assigned) including clinical operations, and a cross-cultural awareness
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of project budgeting process including financial planning/expenditures
• Effectively utilizes information technology systems and project management tools including systems (ex MS project, Microsoft Visio, Excel)
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others within and across functions/teams.
• Capable of managing meetings within a multicultural environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to hold oneself and others accountable for commitments in a productive and assertive manner.
• Ability to influence outcomes without direct authority