We are looking for local consultant
This position is on the Client Mobile application team in Field and Client Technology (FACT).
The Android Developer will:
• Maintain the Android platform, and develop or integrate native components for the Android hybrid app.
• Automate the build of (several versions of) the Android application.
• Add unit tests to the existing android codebase.
• Track and remedy crashes and bugs.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player, committed to delivering on time.
This is a contract position, and is expected to be at least one year in duration. The candidate must work on-site in New York; while occasional remote work is possible, this is not a remote position. Vacation policy is flexible with advance notice.
• 2+ years of programming experience in Java on the Android platform.
• Experience with hybrid mobile app development and Cordova (PhoneGap).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Deep technical knowledge of Android mobile application development, including Android Studio, UI frameworks and common libraries.
• Experience with iOS app development.
• Strong user experience skills